Peanut Butter Chewie Bars topped with Velata Fine Chocolate
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup White Corn Syrup
1 Cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
5 Cups Rice Crispy (add additional cup to make bars drier)
1 Cup Quick Oats
1 Package of Chocolate (optional)
Mix the Syrup and Sugar in a large microwave safe bowl. Hit on medium high power in Microwave one minute at a time. Stir occasionally to distribute heat. Usually will need to be in the microwave for three to four minutes till extremely hot but before boiling (boiling will crystallize the sugar making the bars rock hard).
Once out of the microwave, fold in the peanut butter until velvety smooth. Before mixture cools add the dry ingredients in thirds. Fold till all is covered in mixture and scrap in to desired pan. Spread in pan and use wax paper press contents down to make a flat smooth surface. Let cool.
If you want chocolate on top. Put package of chocolate in microwave safe bowl after you press the bars. Heat on high in microwave 15 seconds at a time. Stir after each duration. Continue till all is liquid and smooth (generally takes no longer than a minute). Pour on to warm bars and spread it out evenly. Let cool.
During the first beta weekend, I was getting used to the new control scheme and getting acquainted with all the new features that it was a bit overwhelming at the time. I had mixed thoughts coming out of the first beta weekend wondering if I would still like it. Now coming out of the second beta weekend and I have to say that it was one of the best gaming experiences I have had in a long time. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Used to the Controls – Coming out of Guild Wars, I was used to the pointing to a location with my mouse and the user would go there. Now I have to use the keyboard which seemed quite foreign at the time. The thing that got me used to them was not the beta weekend but playing Star Trek Online in between the beta weekends. The controls for the away part mission mirror that of GW2 that the controls seem easier to handle now.
- Enjoy the Main Storyline – I am a PvE player and like a rich story which Guild Wars 2 has in spades. The story, at least in the beginning stages, is not overdramatized or hokey. It reminds me of the storylines of the SquareSoft games like Final Fantasy or ChronoTrigger.
- Exploring, Exploring, Exploring – The one thing that PvE offers in exploring. The game that I thought would be all about exploring, Star Trek Online, is too much about combat and what exploring you do is boring. The exploring is exciting in Tyria. I took some time to explore this beta weekend because I needed to level up before going back to the main storyline. I found myself having a tough time breaking off the exploring to go back to the main storyline. There are just so many things you can do and with people you otherwise would not have met. This brings me to the next point…
- Working With Other Players – I found in Star Wars – The Old Republic, the other players in the game starting to get in the way of the missions I was trying to do as we were both competing for the same monsters to kill. In Guild Wars 2, it is cooperative effort by all players involved. We heal each other when we are down and we coordinate attacks on monsters. I probably played with more different players this beta weekend than I have my entire years of playing the original Guild Wars.
Now the game is not without its faults. Here are some of the issues I had that I would like to see improvements on:
- Tutorial on Skills for New Players – Since I am a veteran of Guild Wars, I researched into the updating skills but I think new people may have an issue with it. I would like to see a tutorial type game that walks a new player through this similar to what Nightfall had for new players.
- Lower the Crab Levels – In Divinity Coast, there is an area where you are to trap crab. You cannot kill them as they are invulnerable. The level of the crabs are so high in comparison to the player that when you to figure out the traps, the crabs wind up killing you. There were so many dead players in that area and no one wanted to revive them for getting attacked by the crabs. Either remove the crabs or lower the level so they sting less to your hit points.
- Too Many Animals – Now I am a Ranger and a pet lover. I collect all the pets I can and I hope the Menagerie returns. That being said, there are too many animals that can accidentally be engaged to attack because you are attacking something else and you wind up aggravating the animal. I love animals too but there they are starting to get in the way.
- Need a Good Video Card – When I played this beta weekend, I was on a machine that had an onboard video card. When we had many players attacking, the whole battle became choppy even at the lowest settings. I love the new look but users will need to be aware that a decent video card will be needed to play optimally.
- Armor Breaks Way Too Easily – I am finding that I need to have my armor repaired a lot. To the point that if I don’t, I have a half-naked ranger running about the lands. Also, I don’t want to go broke repairing my armor all the time. Also with that being said, the upgrade slots are kind of useless on the armor. I found that with the leveling, I was changing to higher powered armor all the time. Why use an upgrade slot if I am just going to be selling that armor soon for some better armor at a new level?
Ok, these are minor issues for the most part, I grant you but this is what beta weekends are for, to polish and sand the rough edges. And in truth, I actually miss not being able to play in the land of Tyria. I am eagerly awaiting the next beta weekend and that has to say something about a game.
No matter the religious background or upbringing that you may have, porn is general taboo. Heck, even most religions shun the act of love making unless it is for procreation only. Therefore, it is easy for a religious figure to point a finger at non-love making sexual practices as a deviant or act of a demon. Regardless that those in to pleasuring the flesh in immoral ways have sometimes come from those more worth than thou. However you slice it, porn just gets a bad wrap.
Now, it seems that they may even have more fuel to the fire. I have discovered through my many extensive hours of research, which I mean is that I opened a web browser and www.msn.com launched as my home page, the truth about porn. Porn is responsible for terrorist behavior. No, it is not all the kittens that masturbation kills but instead porn stars!
As seen by a release by the Associated Press as described in this news article ( Alleged Sept 11 planners to be arraigned at Guantanamo ) it is actually Ron Jeremy responsible for the attacks against America! I know, it was hard for me to swallow as well. There has been many a night that I have had my attitude positively uplifted by his family fun films. Though pictures do not lie.
Simply look at the 2003 picture of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. I see a current day Ron Jeremy after a drug and alcohol binge in Morocco. It is uncanny. It is very possible that their high budget projects put him in the area before the picture was taken. Though it seems suffice to say that Bin Laden is now off the hook.
It is truly the Porn Industry and not radical Muslim groups that are corrupting young minds. I guess “The Church” was right for a change. Takes away all those probably witches and heretics you burned and murdered all not so long ago. Thank you for your guidance and wisdom.
The Michelle Bachmann/Jimmy Fallon controversy is 100% made-up, manufactured bullcrap and it seems that many are having a heaping helping of it. To think that neither her staff nor herself knew what song was being played is laughable. I believe that Bachmann’s camp not only knew of the song she was being played out to but whole heartily approved it. And here is why.
Let’s first look at a presidential campaign. The message is so controlled and manipulated that all you hear are sound bites and talking points. At each of the debates, you do not hear anything but what they have been saying on the stump for months and month. Campaigns know that you have to tightly control the message to control the image and do not like any deviation from that message.
Next let’s look at a late night talk show. These programs are heavily produced. They know what segments are coming up, what songs are being played and even how the pacing of the show needs to be. You cannot tell me that the producers of this show did not come up to Michelle Bachmann before the show and tell her that this is the song we will play you out to and these are the questions we will ask. The campaign managers would not allow it as it does not allow them to control the message.
Also these shows are not live but taped. If Michelle or any one on her staff had a problem with the song, they would have stopped the segment and re-taped a new segment. Because if we are to believe the story that is being perpetrated is that no one on her staff knew this song, decided to look it up or even ask what the title is when they heard it. Or if they did, decided to let it go and not ask the producers for a re-shoot? Give me a break.
In my opinion, this was a deal made by the Bachmann and Fallon camps to stir things up a bit. Bachmann’s campaign has stalled so she could use some controversy especially where she is the victim and not the accused like Herman Cain. Jimmy Fallon can be looked as edgy which may attract people to watch his show. Also the late night crowd that watch these shows tend to be younger and more liberal audiences. This can only help his “street cred” with this group.
So kudos to Michelle and Jimmy for creating controversy where there was none. Shame on us for buying the crap and using it as some rallying cry on sexism in politics. It is not like there are better examples of it currently in the news (looking at you, Herman and Newt) or bigger issues to deal with (like the budget, economy or global financial meltdown).
There is a big announcement today that one of the items shown in future Earth of Back to the Future II has come to existance. No, it is not the hoverboard, 3D holograms or Mr. Fusion. It can’t be anything cool. No, it is the Nike Air Mags. The shoes that lace themselves. Finally a product for those people that though velcro was just too much work.
Check out the full story at IFC’s site by clicking here.
Remember to check out the Tech News Bulletin podcast every Tuesday. Click here for the most recent episode.